Satellite
  • Day 24

    Lumbini - The Birthplace of Bhudda

    December 27, 2017 in Nepal ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    My time in Chitwan is over, it’s an early morning start to take the bus to Lumbini, thank goodness for tourists buses, we pay a bit extra yes but they are so much more comfortable than local buses although if a road has holes then it doesn’t really matter!

    On my way to Lumbini I was dropped off in a busy unfamiliar area and was told “local bus lumbini”, so with my backpack I walked along the road asking every bus man if they went Lumbini, I was in luck.

    My backpack was thrown onto the roof and I was squeezed into the back seat, at first I though this is will be ok, it could be worse and it could be fuller. I spoke to soon, the bus was already full and at least 30 more people got on board. I was think of the buses back in England that sat “seating 48, standing 12” this was more like seating 48 standing and hanging out the door 48!!

    The journey took just 30 minutes so I was happy and relieved to have survived a local bus.

    I checked into my hotel and ventured into town and I immediately realised how small it was, a couple of restaurants, four or so shops. I’m here for two days and I’m in the birthplace of bhudda, how bad can it be?
    Read more