Satellite
  • Day 9

    Santa Clara

    October 9, 2016 in Cuba ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    So I'm finally in Cuba. Its an interesting country to say the least! Getting internet access is difficult hence the lack of posts on here!
    I arrived on Wednesday and Managed to luck out sharing a cab to where I was staying with a couple who were staying nearby. Happened that they'd pre-booked a cab that was a classic car! Then I spent the evening drinking rum and coke in the hostel. A bottle of rum (Havana Club Especial) costs just £4.50 for 700ml!
    On Thursday I explored both the old and new Havana. Taking in the sites and the way the people live! Its a completely different world! Like stepping back in time 50 years with classic cars, old buildings and a very laid back way of life!
    We then went out that evening with a group from the hostel (4Germans, 3 Dutch, 1 Canadian and an Australian) and spent the evening dancing to a live Salsa band in a local club before spending a few hours walking the streets of Havana and picking up El Colectivos to try and find another place to party.
    The next day I went to the beach (playa Tropico) with the four Germans, the Aussie and one of the Dutch girls. We had a great day drinking beer and coconuts in the sun and swimming in the beautiful warm sea!
    On Saturday I traveled to Varadero and did a bit if snorkelling.
    Had a really early start on Sunday getting up at 6:15 to catch a bus at 7 to Santa Clara.
    Read more