Satellite
  • Day 5

    Black Valley to Glenbeigh

    August 12, 2017 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    On this morning we left the Farm at 8:40. We wanted to leave early as we had to walk 30 km. The start was dry but as we got closer to the end of the valley, the rain started pouring down on us. We had to use all of our rain gear. After we made the ascent out of the valley over the shoulder of a pass the weather started to improve but still ! The descent was pretty dangerous as the stone were very slippery.

    The main part of the walk was on the road, so we could get some speed in order to arrive in time at the destination, Glenbeigh.

    The walk went through a huge valley were at the end we had to get up to Windy Gap, a mountain pass that led us straight down to Glenbeigh. From here we could see all the mountains including the Reek Range, the highest in Ireland. Reching the top of Windy Gap we saw to the other side of the mountain, the ocean including the Dingle Peninsula on the other side. We will stay there for 2 more nights later on our trip.

    On our way through Glenbeigh, we passed an ad for the Glenbeigh Festival. This is a horse race located right on the beach by end of august.

    We stayed in Kerry Ocean Lodge for the night.
    Read more