Satellite
  • Day 178

    Journey back from the Laguna 69

    May 5, 2018 in Peru ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Well, what a journey this was!
    I was slightly reluctant to go back to the car park y different route but Petr really wanted to and therefore I had to man up and get on with it.
    To start of we had to climb from the 4 600 m.a.sl. to the highest point on our hike at 4 848 m.a.s.l. that is night of Mont Blanc!
    As I was already struggling to catch my breath, it took rather while to finally get there and even though the views were beyond beautiful, I was wishing to get it done and over with.
    From the highest point we could see the path we needed to take further. Unfortunately it was partly through snow and it was very steep. Therefore our progress was rather slow.
    By the time we got to the next lagoon where we again had to climb up, I was out of energy and our ti.e was running out.
    It took us good hour to cross around the lagoon and get finally on the path down to the parking space.
    From here we have decided that Petr will ran ahead and get the bus wait for us.
    I was trying to get down as fast as possible and at the end made it back with 20 minutes delay.
    Once we finally got on the bus, we both crushed on the seats and enjoyed journey back to Huaráz.
    Read more