Satellite
  • Day 222

    Bogotá

    June 18, 2018 in Colombia ⋅ 🌧 16 °C

    Arriving from Medellín, the city of eternal spring, coming to Bogotá has been a bit of shock to the system.
    As it's our final South American destination, we were looking forward strolling the streets, having so.e street food and delicious coffee.
    Unfortunately we have woken up to kind of drizzly and cold morning. We took a while to get out of the door and we have started with breakfast at out favorite cafe.
    For lunch we decided to grab a menu del día in small restaurant close to city centre. Here we met lovely gentleman who we got to chat with. We have discussed politics, weather and of course football. As we didn't know where to watch the match tomorrow morning, he invited us to a cafe close to his workshop.
    In the afternoon we have joined another free walking tour around the town. It wasn't as good as the one in Medellín but it was nice to walk with the local.
    We got to try chicha, the fermented corn drink that is so popular in Bolivia and Peru and walked the streets covered with street art.
    I think it rained about 20 times throughout the walk but that's the Bogotá's weather.
    After the tour we returned back to the museum of Botero that the tour the guide showed us.
    Read more