Satellite
  • Day 32

    Spanish in Trinidad

    November 30, 2016 in Cuba ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    I had such a great time at Trinidad!
    The family where I was hosted was perfect. Mommy, Daddy and two beautiful girls, 1 and 3 years old. At the beginning it was hard to have conversations together, but Quirin from Switzerland helped me out. ( After 3 days living in the same family we figured out that we know each other from the childhood!!😂)
    It was impressive to experince how different the mothers treat their children. There is so much more energy. They can share so much love that they almost eat each other but on the other side it's normal to give a decent clab on the ass. These children have to be strong and independent a lot earlier than I and a lot of others in our cultur.

    The food I got was a lot and made with much love. Every day a big breakfast and a big dinner. Really nice, but after 2 weeks eating every day rice and beans my stomach got bigger and bigger haha! But I enjoyed to get the meal prepared like from mama at home. 😌
    The school was hard but super useful! I had private lessons with a wonderful older cuban women. She didn't speak english, so every explination was in spanish. Like that I learned already a lot.
    After 2 weeks I began to speak with the young "trinidadianers" and made some friends.
    I took as well salsa lessons which where 3 hours professional course and then just dancing in the clubs, with 4 salsa teachers. 💃🏽
    So I was quite included in the life of the locals and enjoyed this different culture a lot.
    Read more