Satellite
  • Day 33

    Back on the road - Hue - Da Nang

    March 30, 2019 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    After getting a "in-house" tour from our hostel, we head up north to Da Nang to visit the marble mountain.

    This was a "nice" stop for sightseeing seeing but quite busy and not one of my favorite attractions thus far.

    After a hour walking around, we head back to our car and hit the road but stop soon after for some Vietnamese coffee.

    Our driver with his lack of english, made for good conversation with laughter all round.
    Taking us to the imperial temple, we walked around but did not go in as we thought was a bit pricey for a temple entry. So we settled for a cheaper option - street food.

    Now back in the car, we requested our driver to skip the next stop he planned and rather take us to a alternative location - the abandoned waterpark of Hue.

    Once we arrived he, our driver, had the biggest smile and seemed like a kid on the playground as we ran from point to point in search of abandoned spots.

    Realising, he has gone past his time with us. We were asked to finish up so he can take us to our drop off.

    Feeling the tention but yet laughing about it, he puts his foot down to make up for time.

    Dropped of at our new hostel, we thank him for the day and see him off hoping that his boss will understand and not kill him hahaha
    Read more