Satellite
  • Day 13

    Day 7 Pitlochry and on to Perth

    October 27, 2017 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    We set off from our B&B in Dunvegan after breakfast. We were sad to be leaving Skye as we have really enjoyed the time we’ve spent there. However, we were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery on our drive in bright sunshine this morning. We crossed over the Skye Bridge and headed east to Invergarry. We stopped off in Spean Bridge to have some lunch and then continued our route east. We soon joined the A9 which felt like a much busier road than the ones we have been used to, especially on Skye.

    We followed the signs to the theatre in Pitlochry where we parked. As it was cup of tea time we went into the theatre and enjoyed a little something in the cafe where we sat by a window overlooking the river and relaxed in the tranquil atmosphere. We then set out for a walk by the river up to the dam where Andrew was keen to see the fish ladder, a series of ponds rising to the level of the loch built especially for salmon, trout and other fish to return to the breeding sites without banging their noses on the dam. We then walked into Pitlochry itself and then back to the theatre across a pedestrian suspension bridge which spans the river. The bridge is quite long as it is a wide river and so there is a fair bit of movement in the structure. We were grateful we were the only ones crossing at the time!

    The final leg of today’s journey brought us to our overnight stop in the outskirts of Perth. Tomorrow we will say goodbye to bonnie Scotland as we head south.
    Read more