Satellite
  • Day 2 NYC

    November 18, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 7 °C

    Almost missed breakfast again this morning! Rushed down to the lobby, Charlie was happy to have a doughnut for breakfast, but we all felt pretty crappy tbh. Anyway, we soldiered on despite the jetlag and rainy, cold day ( about 8 degrees). First up we made our way to Madam Tussauds to pick up our NY Passes and ended up visiting the wax museum. I must say, it was better than I expected. I've always avoided them when we have been travelling, but I was impressed with the realism of many of the wax figures.
    Next we had lunch and then walked to the New York Public Library, which was incredible and the location of the Ghost Busters movie from when we were kids. Fun to see the lions and it is such a beautiful building. The Christmas tree and decorations were being set up, when we were there, so it will be lovely to see them finished. All of the department stores along 5th Avenue have their beautiful Christmas Window displays open and the Christmas markets were also in the process of being set up along Broadway, this afternoon. We will definitely have a wander thru and bring home a special ornament for our tree, as is our tradition when we travel. On our way out to Babylon, Long Island now, just over an hour trip, to have dinner with BJ and Anthony again. Early night though, fingers crossed that we can sleep tonight 🤞as we have a busy day planned tomorrow.
    Read more