Satellite
  • Day 38

    W Trek Day 4: Resting at Francés

    December 14, 2019 in Chile ⋅ 🌧 9 °C

    Due to Susanne's unreliable knee and us not having done a lot of serious multi day hikes in a while, we had decided to stay 2 nights at camping Francés when we booked the trek and its campings back in August. Since we had been lucky with the weather and already completed the Francés valley the previous day, that actually meant we had a real resting day.

    Apart from feeding ourselves we didn't need to do anything. We slept very long, even had an extra afternoon nap, enjoyed a lukewarm chocolate at the restaurant and had our warm meal at 15:00 to get a spot in the windshielded small kitchen area, which besides a cooking area was also the smoking area. Lovely. There were also again signs all over the place that any trash should be taken with you. Except for cigarettes apparently, as for that they placed a specific cigarette trashcan. Not surprisingly, it was full of plastic as well. It was all a bit contradictory. To make matters worse, a part of Machiel's spork broke off, and his sunglasses have also had their best time. But they are both still in action!

    Given the hilly terrain, to rest our feet and knees properly we also optimised the amount of comutes between the tents and bathroom/cooking area which came down to 2 or 3 per person. We had a wraps dinner in our tent, went to bed early and were ready for the last two days of our hike.
    Read more