Satellite
  • Day 136

    Bali!!!!

    October 17, 2018 in Indonesia ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    I finally made it to the Southern Hemisphere! And it's true! The toilet water swirls counterclockwise! Lol 😂

    At noon, I was on a rented motorbike heading to Tanah Lot, a temple built on the rocks in the ocean. As I'm typing this [about 2 pm], I'm at a restaurant inside the cliffside complex having an Island of the God's "cocktail" (no alcohol) and lunch. The waves are pounding. Man, it's great to be back to the ocean.

    I arrived around 10 pm last night, so by the time I got situated at the hostel, I was beat. I had to go out, though, because there was an open air bar with a band that was absolutely rockin' the house with Led Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, etc. Great guitars and tremendous singer. I wasn't there long, but it was memorable....

    Now, here's how small the world is. I'm in Bali, Indonesia, for the first time in my life. I meet an American (Henry) who lives in the Republic of Korea. Turns out, he's in the Air Force. Turns out, he was at Volkel Air Base, the Netherlands in 2010. Turns out, he knows a great friend of mine from Okinawa who was also at Volkel. Holy crap, Batman.

    Oh, here's the food!

    So long [for now] and thanks for all the fish. ✌️🦎

    P.S.: The rooftop pic is from the breakfast area at my hostel! Yay!
    Read more