Satellite
  • Day 183

    The West Coast

    December 3, 2018 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 55 °F

    So, I made it to the northwest coast to a place in Arthur River called Edge of the World. Before that, I stopped in Stanley, but it was so windy that The Nut chair lift was closed, so I didn't go on top of that great big rock you see in the picture. I also didn't spend the night on that coast.

    Instead, I drove back to Wynyard on the north coast since it was on the way to Cradle Mountain. I had intended to do either a short or medium walk at the mountain depending on the weather. However, when I arrive at about 07:30, it was a mess. Cradle Mountain was in full rain mode with severely limited visibility and only 6°C/42°F. I don't have clothes to be out in that weather for long, so I took a picture of a postcard and headed southwest. Cradle will have to wait until the next trip to Tazzy.

    Now I'm in Strahan on the west coast. I've booked a six-hour river tour for tomorrow, so I'll be here two nights. It's about 13°C/55°F and there's a free parking lot with a public toilet, so staying in the car is not a problem. There's even a whiskey tasting place next door in which I may partake this evening. A little warmth to hold off the chill.

    Off to find some lunch and free WiFi.

    So long [for now] and NO thanks for all the RAIN. ✌️
    Read more