Satellite
  • Day 276

    Last Time in Rotorua (This Trip)

    March 6, 2019 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    After leaving Mount Maunganui, we headed back to Rotorua. On the way, we stopped at Boyes Beach on Lake Okareka at my suggestion for a better place than Blue Lake/Lake Tikitapu. Short Planks (see Day 239) lives there, so I knew how beautiful it was. The gang loved it.

    We hung out for about an hour, then drove into town where Helen picked me up and took me back to Xerox's. He and the kids got home around 17:00, then we all went to a Hasher couple's house for dinner and laughs.

    You've probably noticed that my hair is a different color. Lexy had a great time doing it and she did very well. Even Leon helped by holding my shirt when I bent over to shower out the goop.

    It was a short night, though, since the kids had school and X had work. Helen and I stayed up chatting, but eventually succumbed to sleepiness.

    I woke very early, so I took some pictures of the magnificent sunrise. I will miss this beautiful home in a beautiful if slightly stinky city. But X and the kids I will miss desperately. Leon gave me double hugs when they made their way out the door to school. Little man.

    Around 11:00, Helen took me into town to get back on the Stray bus, and we grabbed a light lunch at a cafe, where we are now.

    So long [for now] and thanks for all the fish.✌️
    Read more