Satellite
  • Day 408

    Whitsunday Islands

    July 16, 2019 ⋅ ⛅ 61 °F

    We left port yesterday and made our way out to the islands under power. I'm not sure why we're not sailing, but we're getting there regardless.

    Most of the 22 passengers went snorkeling, but I stayed in the boat. Maybe tomorrow. After everyone was back onboard, we continued on to our sleeping mooring at Tongue Point just off Whitsunday Island. On the way, we watched a glorious sunset behind an island. Then it.was dinner, drinks, and Cards Against Humanity with people from England, Canada, France, New Zealand, Ireland, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Germany. It was a really great evening.

    My bunk in the very front of the starboard hull had a couple of wet spots from leaks, but I didn't feel any drips on me overnight and rested very well.

    We awoke about 07:00 for breakfast, then made our way to the nearby shore of Whitsunday Island (the big one) to visit Whitehaven Bay. The sand was some of the purest in the world, over 98 percent pure silica. Gorgeous! Plus, there were humongous sting rays in the crystal blue and emerald green water. Amazing!

    Now, we've just returned to the boat for lunch. This is a fantastic trip!

    So long [for now] and thanks for all the fish. ✌️
    Read more