Satellite
  • Day 426

    Angry Birds

    August 3, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 66 °F

    Picking up from yesterday.... I popped back to the hostel to wait for Tickler to get off work, and once she met me, we had a nice lunch at the nearby tavern. Then we jumped on the City Cat, a public transportation catamaran ferrying up and down the river, so she could be tour guide. She was excellent and honestly could do it professionally. Bonus: she has a gorgeous canvas to work with. Brizzy is absolutely lovely.

    We did a completely circuit--about two hours--and jumped off at South Bank. What a quirky little place with its market stalls, eateries, bars, and beach area. By the time we got the train back to her station and drove the one kilometer back to her house, we were both wiped. She made a delicious dinner, and I was in my room at 20:00 to read, but I fell asleep before getting through 20 pages.

    She was up and out again this morning to go to the gym, and I was ready when she got back. At about 08:00 we went to her pancake place. Delicious! Two light and fluffy crepes topped with berries, powdered sugar, and thick cream. Wow.

    Back to the house for an hour, then we ran to the pharmacy so I could grab some hair dye in preparation for the Scotland hash trip (!!!!). She then dropped me off at a beautiful little park that was near where she had an appointment. Unfortunately, the hooded lapwings (a.k.a. plovers) must be nesting because as soon as I got there, they started screaming and dive bombing me. We were all so stressed out that I walked a couple of kilometers to a burger joint that serves beer, which is where I am now.

    So long [for now] and thanks for all the fish. ✌️
    Read more