Satellite
  • Day 7

    Finding Paradise on Key West

    March 15, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Our last port was on key west. I never saw a heavenly place like that. It's such a small Island you can walk over within a sunny day. Everywhere you gaze grow palms and orchids and more than once we met a cock on our path. Houses seem to be movie backdrop for "gone with the wind" - white verandas, national flags, magnificent buildings. You only have go ignore the buzzing fans and air conditioners you're able to hear even standing on the street in front of every home.
    We visited the home of Hemingway and saw his favorite bar. At marina we watched some guys set out to a diving trip. I really want to try this sometime later!
    The walk to local cemetery was a recommendation of AIDA cruises because there are really funny and comical comments written on the grave stones: "at least I know where he's sleeping tonight" or "I told you I was sick" only are a few examples. But we felt grilled when we reached that location. I really became abnormally sunburned.
    During midday heat we fled in a wonderful church where I found inner peace for half an hour while the organist tryed a new piece for the evening messe. The floor-length windows were wide opened and a light breeze cooled our sweaty faces. The music touched me in the bottom of my heart and so I left some teardrops at key west.
    Read more