Satellite
  • Day 2

    Negombo

    August 1, 2018 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Off to an adventure in Sri Lanka

    Two friends and me are enjoying four weeks on the stunning island Sri Lanka. The island is below India and about 65'000 km2 in size. Not only do we'd like to get insight another culture, but also we'd like to escape from the hustle and bustle of life im Switzerland and unwind in nature.

    I hope you're going to enjoy my blog :-)

    First day: Culture shock

    We had already experienced a lot just on our flight to Sri Lanka. Firstly, one of of us lost her glasses in the plane and we didn't have enough time to go back, because we needed to catch the next fly. We were already too late though ( I didnt want to miss the flight like in Argentina haha). Secondly, we wanted to get a local SIM card and later we realized that the Swiss SIM card of one friend was missing. But luckily we found it in the end.
    Furthermore, when we arrive at the airport in Colombo (the capital city of Sri Lanka), there were already a lot of people who wanted us to book a tour around the island or give us a ride to the hostel.

    Finally, we arrived in Negombo safely. Unfortunately, there was a mistake in the booking of the hostel and so we had a big discussion withe the manager and our travel agency in Switzerland. Already a good beginning of our travel ;)

    Brenda (one of my friend) who lost her glasses went on a motorbike with one guy of the hostel to get some new glasses. A real adventure...but it's better she tells you the story directly...;)

    While she was looking for some glasses, Edmée an me went for a walk along the cost. We were the only tourists and everyone was gazing at us and ever y two seconds a Tuktuk stopped and asking for a ride. We got bothered from time to time. Nevertheless, we tried to get to know the city and it's just a matter of time we're getting used to it.

    We were very tired in the evening and enjoyed our first dinner, rize and fish, in the hostel.
    Read more