Satellite
  • Day 7

    Hello Jordan

    January 11, 2020 in Jordan ⋅ ⛅ 5 °C

    Early mornings are becoming our thing. It's the only way to do a Winter tour; get out early and make the most of the sunshine.

    Our first stop was Mt Nebo - the place where Moses died. This is really our first major bible pitstop. The view was totally incredible, even though we had kind of a cloudy day. We couldn't see the outskirts of Jerusalem, but it was still special.

    People told me that I would feel something really special coming to Israel, even though I was mostly looking forward to Egypt. Today I felt a little stirring in my heart. I knew that God had been here. Of course, God is everywhere, but there was something really special about knowing that God was in that exact spot at one point in time.

    Next was the Arnon Gorge. Spectacular, amazing, incredible views.

    One of the most surprising parts of today was the SNOW! It started when we were about 20 minutes away from Wadi Musa, where Petra is located. We stopped and got out to have a little play in the snow - I regretted only wearing my Toms and not my hiking boots, but they held up well and no cold feet here!

    Today was a big driving day with lots of coffee pit stops and toilet breaks. Tomorrow is PETRA!! Matt's absolute highlight! He'll be writing tomorrow's post.
    Read more