Satellite
  • Day 88

    Crossing the border to Iran

    November 25, 2017 in Iran ⋅ ☀️ 7 °C

    Although the southern region of Azerbaijan is famous for its tea, and the green of the grass and the trees seemed to be exceptionally intense, the main thing on our mind was the border crossing to Iran. Did we cover all the bases? Do we carry enough money? The excitement increased steadily..

    With tailwind in our backs, we decided to become test drivers of the new motorway to Astara, praised the road workers for the great job they've done and couldn't believe that we had already reached the border to Iran.

    After the Azerbaijani border officials had kindly reminded Silke to put her headscarf on, we proceeded and set foot on Iranian ground for the first time, directly followed by some requests for selfies.

    It didn't take long and we were invited for kebab by Karamat, an Iranian cyclist who has been almost everywhere on earth with his bike. After an exciting day, we had some very relaxing hours of sleep in Mojde's cosy home. Thanks again, the two of you!

    Next morning, women exercising on the ubiquitous gym equipment in the parks caught our eyes and they did not hesitate to make contact with us - we could really feel how curious Iranian people would be and imagined how the following weeks could look like.
    Read more