Satellite
  • Day 4

    Science in Houston

    August 9, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    I'm going to get straight into the meat of this and leave the other, less-important stuff behind... (But first! We rode the metro!)

    We went to the Science Museum and had a look around.
    One of the most... fascinating? Things there were... a swinging ball... no joke.
    People would actually stand around a pendulum and watch it knock down wood.
    The best part was the basement... the CHEMISTRY FLOOR!
    We watched someone (Tom) tell us how to find out if there is Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide concentrate by relighting a glowing splint and pouring onto a candle respectively.
    There was a wall of elements, (they were in white boxes EXCEPT Iodine for... some reason)
    I did a test for what science career I should get and I got an astrochemist which google doesn't even want to suggest on autocorrect.
    We saw soap and water mixing, used a green-(blue-)screen until... Ryan wanted to see the dinosaurs. ._.
    I'm sure the boys explained the rest of the museum...

    We went to the aquarium and got to see fish!!!
    There were a few non-fish though... like a white tiger, frogs, monkeys? I think that one might have been at the museum but I'm not too sure.
    We met our pilot/cousin, Brendan at the restaurant and had... fish... *gasp* *major shocker*
    It was HUGE, DETAILED AND AMAZING! But aside from being flashy... well... you've seen one aquarium, you've seen them all.

    I need to transfer photos from my phone over to this...
    See you all soon!
    Read more