Satellite
  • European Quest Booked

    July 17, 2019, Barentsz Sea ⋅ 🌧 43 °F

    We're cruising the Barents Sea. Having called on Arkhangelsk, Russia yesterday, we're enjoying a day at sea aboard Oceania's Nautica on our way back to Norway. We did something today that impacts our 2020 travels, so I thought I'd write up a quick footprint to give our 2020 overseas travel journal a kick-start.

    Our plan was to keep 2020 fairly simple travel-wise. An Eastbound TransAtlantic at some point in the spring to take mom back home ... time in Turkey. That was it. Then we'd fly back to the US to spend the summer and fall months at home in order to explore our new home state ... perhaps with a new motorhome. Honest ... that was it.

    Today those plans jiggled when we booked a short 10-day cruise on Oceania's Marina. Roundtrip out of Southampton means no complicated logistics. Mostly new-to-us ports ... all but one of them in France. Sounds good to me.

    The itinerary is so port-intensive that we opted for an oceanview cabin ... the Cat C on Marina have floor-to-ceiling glass and are quite nice we've been told. This category was only available as a guarantee, so we might end up elsewhere on the ship. We'll have to wait and see.
    Read more