Satellite
  • Day 2

    Day At Sea

    July 6, 2019, Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 52 °F

    When Nautica left Dublin last night, we had some 540 NM to go to our next port of call. That’s a distance that requires a day at sea . No problem, we love such days.

    In all these years of sailing, one thing hasn’t changed. And that is the swiftness with which a day at sea seems to fly by for us. Today was no exception.

    After meeting up with our friends for breakfast in the Terrace Café, we all went about our own plans .... some together ... some separately. That, to us, is the best way to share a cruise with friends. Do things together when interests and plans coincide ... but not joined at the hip all the time.

    Our activities kicked off with an M&G [meet & greet] to get to know fellow-passengers whom we had met “virtually” on the CruiseCritic roll call. Then came several lectures — two that we enjoyed ... one that wasn’t our cup of tea. Quiet time — reading and writing — was also part of the day. In between, we had lunch at the Terrace Café and partook of afternoon tea in the Horizons Lounge.

    We wrapped up our day with dinner with our friends in the Grand Dining Room; listened to the classical music quartet in the lobby; and went to see Alan Kavanagh, headlining in the theater. His rendition of “Oh Danny Boy” was especially delightful.

    Tomorrow is the first of a run of four ports of call coming up. We’ll be stepping foot on Scottish soil for the first time.
    Read more