Satellite
  • Day 6

    End the Day @ JBLM in Lakewood, WA

    May 8, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 52 °F

    After our brief stop at Multnomah Falls, we didn’t dally much along the way. Just one stop for a quick bite to eat — ham & cheese sandwiches at the Touttle River Rest Area — and we kept going.

    The skies throughout our drive were overcast ... the temps chilly. But the wind died down once we crossed the Columbia River into Washington. Something to be grateful for.

    By 1:30p, we were settled into site 118 at the JBLM [Joint Base Lewis-McChord] Travel Camp. Our 50A FHU site is at the end of a loop ... quite private, with trees and bushes on both sides. We have a nice grassy yard with a picnic table, grill, and fire ring. However, I don’t think the weather is going to allow us to use it during the few days we’re here. We’ll see.

    Once we were settled into our site, we went off to do a bit of recon. Our goal? To figure out where we will be going on Tuesday when it’s time to deliver the vehicles to Tote Maritime for their cruise to Alaska. Afterwards, back home for a quiet evening at home.

    We’ve got some sightseeing planned for tomorrow, but that’s a story for another footprint.
    Read more