Satellite
  • Aftermath of the Spring Snowstorm

    May 22, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 36 °F

    It really is a good thing that we did not get caught out on the road in this storm. Canceling our loosely-planned RV getaway was the right thing to do as digging out would not have been fun!

    It snowed all afternoon and into the night on Friday, 20 May. And much of the day yesterday, though the big fat flakes that were falling throughout the storm had changed over to “snow dust” by the time I took most of the photos yesterday morning. I measured 8 inches of compacted snow … the official reports for our area say we got 12 inches.

    And now, on Sunday morning, it’s snowing again … big fat flakes flying about. But nothing is sticking. We expect this second snowfall to be a non-event.

    Oddly, we had a snowstorm on May 19-20 three years ago as well. Exact same dates. Facebook reminded me of that storm yesterday. It was a bigger event … with much more accumulation. Even the pavement and driveway were packed. I’ve added a “reminiscence” collage of that storm to this footprint … but you can see more from that storm @ this link … https://eenusa.smugmug.com/COS-Life/Spring-Storm/.
    Read more