Satellite
  • Day 1

    Travel Day Wraps Up With A Reunion

    July 29, 2022 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 72 °F

    A beautiful nighttime view of the Toronto skyline wraps up what turned out to be an easy travel day … and a delightful dinner reunion with friends at Terroni.

    Our flight from DEN landed at YYZ with just a 10 minute delay. The agent at the NEXUS kiosks, which we misunderstood as being open to Global Entry members, processed us into Canada regardless … this time only, he said. Our bags were already on the carousel when we got to baggage control … a miracle in and of itself from what we later heard. An Uber driver was available and picked us up at the Q Door on the ground floor within two minutes of placing our order. Yes, it took us 45 minutes or so to get to our hotel … but it could have taken us twice as long in the middle of Friday rush hour.

    We stayed in our room long enough to refresh ourselves. And then into another Uber for our dinner date at Terroni. I’ll protect the privacy of our friends and simply say that their choice of restaurant was perfect … the weather ideal for a rooftop meal … and the camaraderie exceptional.

    We have yet to see much of the city itself, but we’ll change that tomorrow. It’s time for a good night’s rest.
    Read more