Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Coff's Harbour

    August 1, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Coff's Harbour has to rate as one of the most sedate and un-noteworthy stops; certainly, it was pleasing that we were staying in a holiday park on a beach north of the centre, rather than in the centre itself.

    We had a brief walk through both shopping districts of Coff's, with the harbourside looking particularly sad in winter - it had the feel of any off-season UK seaside town, sleepy, rusty and a little careworn. So we headed to our accommodation on Sapphire Beach in a little chalet for the night. As with the other beaches, it was of course lovely. So we splodged about and went into the sea for a little bit which was considerably warming than the bloody sand! We popped out to buy dinner (sushi, lime pickle, naan bread and chocolate mudcake!) and breakfast (bacon rolls) before settling in for the Grand Final of Ninja Warrior!

    We set the alarm early for the morning to enjoy a beach sunrise, and thankfully the weather was with us allowing brilliant views of the sun breaking over the horizon and the sea. Now, we're en route to Byron Bay and have, for the first time, crossed an earlier stop on our trip as we pass through Grafton (near our Ulmarra stop).
    Read more