Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Montego Bay, Jamaica

    December 17, 2019 in Jamaica ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    After a nearly 10 hour flight from Manchester, I have never been more grateful to get off an aeroplane! Not only was it packed, but the people on it seemed to have a pathological inability to sit still.

    We were greeted in Montego Bay by a quick shower of rain, but the humidity was something more akin to South East Asia. A short bus ride took us to the ship, where happily we were surprised with an outside cabin (having apparently booked it but forgotten). As it is on Deck 2, we are quite close to the water line which makes for brilliant viewing.

    There wasn't any time to explore Jamaica by the time we had boarded so instead we padded around the ship enjoying the food and drink, before sailing away for a day at sea.

    The day at sea itself was fairly uneventful. A late lie in to deal with jetlag, brunch and then back to the room to read as the sunbeds were filled with screeching families or people intent on drinking their body weight in inclusive alcohol in the first 24 hours. We did dress up in the evening though, and enjoyed a fancy meal followed by a quiz (dubbed the 'interactive quiz...begging the question what quiz isn't interactive?) in which we performed unusually poorly!
    Read more