Satellite
  • Day 1

    Day 1 - On our way to Sri Lanka

    February 16, 2022 in Poland ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    Hi everybody!
    This way you can follow our adventures in Sri Lanka. We will provide daily updates on where we are, what we've been through and share some photos. Enjoy reading!

    On Wednesday February 16, our whole adventure started, at 19:00 we closed the door of our apartment in Den Bosch. Left in good hands because two friends of ours take good care of our house and the plants when we are gone! (Robin will miss her plant babys)
    Went the train, got all 3 suitcases and 2 backpacks on board and on the way to Schiphol Airport. From there to a hotel nearby to spend a short night because Thursday 17 February it really starts! But not before we have eaten a delicious last Bossche bol in our hotel room, we will secretly miss it from our neighbor patisserie. Quick sleep, alarm goes off at 4:15 am.
    Wakey wakey! Bus to Schiphol and then hand in our suitcase and check in. All data checked, visa, health certificate, all the paper work and we can go on. Despite the fact that the suitcase is 4 kilos too heavy, hihi, she condones it.
    We go to withdraw some money behind customs and wait at the gate until we can board.

    On the plane to Warsau we fill in a locator form and try to get some sleep. Once in Warsau, where we have a 7 hour layover, we decide to put the suitcases in a locker and go to town! Why wait for the AirPort when you can explore a nice new city?

    We take the bus for €1, forget to check in, oops, so we'll get the same ticket back later, and we get off in the center!
    What a nice city Warsau is, lots of beautiful architecture and delicious restaurants. We have a delicious coffee with a large piece of Pavlova, super tasty! After this we walk a long way, nice to exercise after that flight. We walk to a park where you can view the Tomb of the unknown Soldier and to Old Town Market Square. Really nice! There we find a nice crystal shop where we bought beautiful stones for our house back in the Netherlands. After this we walk back where we started because we saw that we could eat a haloumi burger at a nice tent, we also took vega shawarma wrap, delicious!!!

    The bus back was a success, missed bus, got on the wrong bus, lolllll but we did catch the plane! Totally great, we are on the plane and finally we really leave for Colombo :)

    Will be continued!

    Ciao ciao xxx
    Robin & Carlotte
    Read more