Satellite
  • Day 2

    Second Leg of the Journey

    April 12, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    We were quite comfortable on the flight to London. We were in small pods with seats that lie flat so we were able to get a few hours of sleep. We landed at about 10:30 am London time and found an Air Canada lounge outside security in Terminal 2. We had showers and put on some fresh clothes then jumped on the Underground and took the Picadilly Line to Covent Garden.

    We wandered around the Covent Garden area and found a pub on a corner where we had, of course, fish and chips!! It was such a beautiful, sunny day that all the doors and windows were open so it was like eating outside.

    The Internet is quite amazing and has made the world seem so much smaller. A few weeks ago I was surfing around and found a women's lingerie/clothing website that carries specialty clothing for women of my "shape"!!! This company, Bravissimo, has a shop in Covent Garden which was very close to where we had eaten lunch. We found it easily and Jon went exploring while my own personal fitting assistant helped me shop. I found some lovely things which fit perfectly and which were a really good price.

    We started meandering back along the street on the Picadilly Line. It was very crowded and busy in the whole area. We heard lots of people speaking German, Italian, and French and we saw lots of families with kids. We wondered if it was Easter Break in Europe and if everyone was on holiday. We got tired of dealing with the crowds and jumped back on the Underground.

    We are back at Heathrow in the Air Canada lounge waiting for our flight to Delhi. We are both tired from only sleeping a few hours and from all the walking. Although this will be a long flight, (about 8 hours) we have the lie-flat seats again so are hoping to get some sleep. We want to be rested for the chaos that awaits us in Kathmandu!

    PS - Sorry about the uninspiring pictures. I'm a little out of practice.
    Read more