Satellite
  • Day 54

    Ludlow here we come

    June 1, 2018 in England ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Today is our drive to Ludlow where we have a cottage booked for a week. We are looking forward to spending some time in one place and having a relaxing time. Sue drove us to the car rental yard close by. This was the first time we had hired from Enterprise Car Rental, and we were pleasantly surprised by the service and pick up process. They gave us a Nissan Qashqai (with satnav) which was better than the car I was expecting. We drove back to the house to pick up Pat and the bags then took off to Ludlow. The drive was about 5 hours mainky because the M25 was like a carpark for much of the first part of the drive. Once we got onto the more minor roads all went well.
    Vineyard cottage in Ludlow is more than we ever expected. It is down a little lane on the edge of town and is beautifully presented. We would like to stay here for the rest of our time in the UK.
    After unpacking we walked into town to get some food for brekky tomorrow then to the Wheatsheaf Inn next door for a lovely English dinner. The Inn was full of locals with broad country accents which added to the charm.
    Read more