Satellite
  • 26th November

    December 2, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 3 °C

    Billy no mates this weekend but only did Saturday as I need to get the garden ready for winter at home. It’s been absolutely freezing today but once I got stuck in I was fine. There is still a bit of a burnt smell in the kitchen so I made it my mission to try and remove everything that is still burnt. I started by removing the plaster from the walls inside the cupboard in the master bedroom and the ceiling. I also removed the door and frame. I then removed the final bit of plaster from the stairs wall. I think that wall could be an issue, it’s a breeze block wall but it’s sat on a floorboard, not even a hoist. I think it may need to go and be replaced by a stud but I’ll get John to confirm when he’s better. Next I got in the roof space and swept all of the dust from the beams to help when it comes to screwing plasterboard on there. Next I tidied and finally swept the house throughout. All the old doors have moved out in to the outside shed and all the rubbish taken out. I had a quick tidy up on the path on the front and a sweep so it looks a little bit more presentable.

    As John is going in to hospital on Monday, we are not around for the next couple of weekends due to Christmas party in Swindon next weekend and Baz’s birthday the week after and then Christmas, there’s not going to be much activity up there.

    So it’s all nice and tidy inside now ready for the next time.
    Read more