Satellite
  • Day 2

    Mdina

    November 12, 2018 in Malta ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    So first full day today. Didn’t crawl out of our pit too early so a nice leisurely start to the day. A beautiful day outside, 24 degrees and lovely sunshine when we got up.

    We met for breakfast and then set about a visit to Mdina. Gemma in her purple people eater and John and me in white little Bean can type vehicles. These cars are little go-karts, have very little in the way of clutches, only go up hills in first gear and you have to thrash the knackers of them to go anywhere. But great fun. We hurtled out of the hotel, us at the back like something out of the Italian job 👍. The roads around here really are poor, windy, full of potholes and give you no clue where you are, but John did a cracking job of getting us there. Joseph was wanging a go pro out of the window filming as we zipped along, can’t say I’m certain we’ll still be in possession of that by the end of the holiday.

    Having never been here before I have to say it was lovely. Very old and very interesting. We walked around the silent city stopping off at the park for an ice cream and a play. We then moved on to Mdina Glass to see the glass being made. We passed the old Mdina town 3 times following our Gemma but we did get there eventually. It was very fascinating and there was lots of things in the shop. Our Naomi is like me, we were getting peckish so as we are all inclusive we were off back to the hotel as the food is free!! Well why wouldn’t you? A bit of a change of plan for the trip back, every man for himself. Gem & Joe went one way, John and me another but we lost John 10 minutes in. Happy to report we were first back 🙂🚗.

    A spot of lunch, a beer and then we went off to the pool with the kids. It was lovely, all of us in there playing and messing about before finishing off in the (not so) hot tub. It was pointed out that afternoon snacks were being served so burger and a beer it was before going off for a nana nap.

    The kids disco is a nightly event which we attended before taking part in the quiz. We didn’t win but we didn’t fair too badly, 13 out of 15. Team name tonight was Dotty Dalmatians - Naomi likes Dalmatians and there was a Disney film about them, and we were a bit dotty !!Tonight’s theme for the show and the quiz was Disney. Izzy was glued to the stage and once again it was very good entertainment. First day of a great week.
    Read more