Satellite
  • Day 13

    Nozawa Onsen - Tokyo

    March 1, 2017 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    Today we made the trip back to Tokyo. Conscious of my leg, our hosts were generous enough to provide a lift to the bus stop where we caught the Nozawa Onsen Liner bus back to Iiyama Station. Here we took the Shinkansen back to Tokyo, this trip took approximately 2 hours.

    We were staying at the Park Hotel Tokyo within the relatively new business district, Shiodome. Although located relatively close to the train station, we experienced a gruelling walk to the hotel. Sally with a large and heavy pack on her back, and me with a solid limp by this stage.

    Our hotel however was lovely, we have an excellent view over Tokyo city including Tokyo Tower. On a clear day you are able to see Mt Fuji as well, today unfortunately is a bit hazy. Due to my lack of ability to walk far distances, we just took a short walk around the local area to explore. Despite the abundance of options for food, we landed on Maccas for lunch. We just had to see if it was the same as at home. It is close but with a Japanese twist.

    Not up to much tonight, just enjoying the view from our room I think, could do a lot worse.
    Read more