Satellite
  • Day 4

    Wishing not to fall down these stairs

    June 23, 2016 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    After making our waterfall wishes, we headed through the garden again to see all of the places where witches are said to reside or frequent. We found the Dolman rocks.. Simply one rock balancing awkwardly on top of another that no one knows how it got there or why it is that way. It is said that passing through the opening below can unlock magical things... It magically allowed me to get from one side of the rock to the other!!

    Next up, the witch's kitchen. There is a witch who lives here at night and burns fireword that was paid for by the wishes of the wishing steps (see below) in order to keep warm. We went and checked it out, she has a very low-tech kitchen.

    The witches stone is a stone which looks like a witches face. Yup.

    And finally, we camebacross the wishing stairs! Another witch blessed/cursed object, it is aaid that if you walk down the stairs backwards with your eyes closed while simultaneously thinking of your deepest wish, it will come true. To be extra magical, the threebof us walked down like this andnthen back up with our eyes closed, also.

    So many wishes coming true!!!
    Read more