Satellite
  • Day 21

    Always be fluent in sign language.

    July 10, 2016 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    After sleeping in (much needed after last night) we peeled ourselves out of bed and decided to head out on the second walking tour.

    We started in the Puerta Del Sol square where we saw the Clock of Casa de Correos (which rings in the new year) before heading up the famous Calle Arenal Streeet. On this street, we ate at the San Ginés Chocolate Bar next to the Monastery San Ginés - they serve quite literally the BEST CHOCOLATE CON CHURROS I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE. NO LIE. if you are ever in Madrid... Go here.

    After eating as much chocolate as we could manage (ie. A lot) we wandered past a few places great for photo ops. There was the Monastery of the Incarceration, Plaza de Oriente behind the Royal Opera House and the Royal Palace and Gardens. Afterwards came the La Almudena Cathedral, which was closed today, and the Plaza de la Villa square, which wasn't. We then stumbled into the Church of San Miguel (which was super creepy) before ending at the Plaza Mayor square, which housed fat superman.

    After our tour, we met our new Australian friend Pheobe for dinner - again! You may remember her from the lunch we had together in Barcelona... Turns out we ended up in Madrid at the same time as well! We ate at this cute little spot where we spoke about life, home, and asian nail salons (big boiiiiiiii) before going our seperate waya again. Pheobe is heading to Toronto and Montreal in September/October and we couldnt be happier!

    Afterwards, we went back Home to chill, watch Netflix and creep on instagram (i am looking at you mama Tay) until the wee hours of the morning. Oops.
    Read more