Satellite
  • Day 14

    Grand Tetons

    September 7, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Today we tried to get out and see some beautiful views, but the haze is a million times worse than yesterday and the mountains aren't even visible until you are right up next to them. The first photo I took is the best I could get, believe it or not. The next photo shows the church of the Sacred Heart, built in the 1930s and recently restored to its original beauty. Gayle and I spent an inordinate time in this awesome gift shop (Eric actually mobilized a search party because he was in the car and wondering if a bear ate us), and then we went into Jackson and ate at Moe's BBQ (killer ribs!). We browsed the streets, Gayle ogled a $700 coat, and we bought some homemade fudge for later.

    On our drive home we were scouting out real estate (another favorite hobby) and were appalled by the prices. A standard 1100 square foot house, 2 bedroom, 1 bath, runs about $950,000. Next we saw a couple cars pulled over and people out with their cameras, and knew there was something good to see-lo and behold there was a beautiful pronghorn antelope (misnomer, it's actually a deer) on the side of the road in the grasslands. Can't get over the wildlife!
    Read more