Satellite
  • Day 15

    Berkshire Hathaway, getting there

    May 5, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    We woke up EARLY to get to the CenturyLink Center in Omaha to get into the meeting. First time I’ve seen a sunrise in quite a while. The meeting starts at 8:30 so we arrived a few minutes before 7 to get in line. Evidently thousands of people had the same idea because the line snaked all the way around the entire building and had doubled back on itself by the time we found the end. It took us about an hour of waiting in line before we made it through the front doors, and we entertained ourselves by watching the frantic people behind us and the heavily armed police holding semi-automatic rifles. I feel like we’re going to some popular rock concert!

    Evidently there isn’t a space large enough to seat the 40,000 people in attendance, so the latecomers are directed to a secondary room where they watch the presentation on TVs. We wanted to be in the main room (which is a huge arena for sports events and concerts) so we jogged around trying different sections with no luck. Finally we jogged up to the nosebleed seats and snagged the last two seats in the section. We felt lucky to find them!
    Read more