Satellite
  • Day 15

    Vietnam - Hoi An

    May 27, 2018 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    So after a flight where we slept most of the way, we arrived in Da Nang and took the 50 minute ride to Hoi An. This time staying in the La Siesta Hoi An which is just as lovely as the one in Hanoi and the staff just as helpful.As we were there by 9.00am they gave us breakfast and then our room was ready. It is an amazing room and we are feeling very spoilt. We took our time getting organised, spent some time in the pool and then we jumped on the bicycles and went for a ride around. What a beautiful little city, so relaxed and we had a lovely time exploring. Found a shop to order some shoes and boots and a bag to be made, will be interesting to see what we get!

    Seems hard to stay still when there is so much to see. Found the hotel where Bruce and Elinor will be staying and we will catch up with them on Tuesday. Dropped off some much needed washing and back to the hotel for a shower and then out for a walk in the crazy traffic to get into town for a dinner on the sidewalk watching the many boats with people launching floating candles. Lots of celebrations for Buddha’ birthday, and everyone seemed to be out celebrating.

    We finally succumbed to tiredness after being up since 4.00am and we again ended up home in bed about 9.30. The bed is massive and so comfortable I think I will sleep forever!!
    Read more