Satellite
  • Day 24

    Thailand - Ko Samui Day 3

    June 5, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Woke up to a beautiful day, rain was all gone! Marg and Simon decided to have a relaxing day at the villa to rest up margs ankle. And Jenny was on RDO and decided to stay home by the pool! Think she was just avoiding the tub. We also got the cleaners to teach Jennifer how to fold towels into a swan, and instructed her to make swans on her RDO! Which she did and we made her show us how to do it in case she had just paid the cleaners to do them! Haha but she does know how to do it so we will be hiring her as towel folder for the B & B at Yapeen.

    So Pete the taxi driver headed off with me, Judy and Jude. Jude had ordered some clothes from a tailor and wanted to see if she could change the material. After we walked around ten times we finally found the right tailor but the dress was already underway so no luck in changing it.

    Judy decided to stay in Nathon and do some shopping so we arranged to meet in a couple hours in our favourite beachside stop, well in Nathon anyway.

    So Pete, Jude and I headed off looking for a boat trip for some snorkelling. We found a great place for a coffee called the Sisters (I think) where Pete had the best crispy calamari yet. We drove around and finally got a good deal to take us out to two islands and so we booked it for Thursday. Then we set off to find Judy in Nathon.
    Back to the villa for swimming and relaxing before we headed off to explore Chaweng and to find the kick boxing stadium for those who wanted to watch.

    Great fun driving around with Jenny and I in the tub banging on the roof when we wanted them to stop. Well pete stopped about 20 times making Simon get out and check the exchange rate at different places! Finally found a spot and wow we got 30cents more than the first place! Haha!

    Found a place to park and then found a beautiful restaurant on the beach and enjoyed a lovely romantic dinner (for six). Then we walked back to the stadium only to find it was closed and the right kick boxing stadium was a long way away. A collective sigh of relief was heard. Then it was time for a bit of a cultural experience with us taking Marg, Simon and Judy to their first girly bar. They sat there looking like the three wise monkeys checking out the people and places. Well we had a lovely night of exploring and spending time together. One of the best things about this part of the trip is that it is very relaxed and everyone just does what they want and we get to spend time together too.
    Read more