Satellite
  • Day 22

    Amalfi Coast

    August 27, 2019 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    After our lazy day yesterday we were up early and back on the local train back to Naples to meet up with our tour bus that would take us along the Amalfi Coast. They call the road Mama Mia, as it is skinny and windy and when you watch the way the buses navigate the tight corners and windy road.

    The scenery was amazing and our first stop was Positano which is a beautiful village with it’s narrow winding paths down to the beach. Shame we only got an hour here, but we would love to come back and explore the coast. Pete couldn’t resist a swim in the Mediterranean. Then it was back on the bus and off to Amalfi where we hopped on a boat and cruised the coast checking out the beaches and the celebrity houses along the coast. We found a boat that looks like the one we should have! Haha!

    We then had lunch at a restaurant on the beach and had yum seafood Spaghetti and a new drink, a lemon spritz using limoncello, Prosecco, soda and limone gelati, very yum and refreshing.

    Our last stop was Revalla (not how you spell it) where there was fantastic views of the coastline and some wonderful ceramic showrooms. Pete nearly had a table shipped home!

    I took a travel sickness tablet (due to windy roads) and so I slept all the way back to Naples. A great taste of the Amalfi Coast and definitely a place we would like to go back to.

    When we got back to the apartment we cooled off in the tiny pool in the garden of our BnB and made another platter that we ate overlooking the garden. We went upstairs to the terrace and watched the sunset. A great end to a wonderful day, our last night in Italy! Off to Greece tomorrow.
    Read more