Satellite
  • Day 14

    More Exploring Bryce Canyon

    July 8, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Today we did a 3 mile hike that brought us down into the Bryce Canyon. Though it was hot, there was a breeze much of the time and plenty of places to get into the shade. It was great being able to be so close to the rock formations as we walked through the tunnels and saw the hoodoos up close. We got several pictures of the famous "Thor's Hammer" hoodoo.
    After lunch and a rest, we left for Zion National Park which was only a 2 hour drive. We entered through the east entrance and drove through to exit the south entrance to get to our campground. The road was windy and narrow (I had to close my eyes a couple of times) but the rock cliffs were beautiful. We also had to drive through two tunnels that literally went through the rock mountains. For one of them, the park rangers have to stop traffic and turn the tunnel into one lane for RVs. The last vehicle through passes off a wooden baton to the park ranger as a sign that it's okay to let the next line of traffic go. We found a nice RV campground just outside of the south entrance that also has a shuttle stop to the park. We'll be exploring the park tomorrow.
    Read more