Satellite
  • Day 17

    Eating hotdogs

    April 18, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Our drive led us back to LA, and as we haven't eaten anything since breakfast (apart from some dried mangos we bought on the side of the road) we decided to go to another eatery from Seamus's favourite food videos, this time it was a hotdog place. The guys at the shop was really friendly, he helped us choose 2 hot dogs, and we discovered he knows a few words in Hungarian as he had a good friend from Hungary when he was growing up. They were so good, that we decided to get 2 other ones, this time to go, as our parking meter was running out. We dropped in a few more quarters, and then went to the neighbouring park to eat them. This was the first park we saw apart from Griffith Park in LA, which feels very strange: there's really no public spaces around the town, no parks, no benches, no nothing. You hang out at home, or in restaurants, or I'm not sure where... We enjoyed the second hot dogs so much, that some random person told us to breathe between eating if we don't want to suffocate :D there was also a public library in the park which was nice, it had lots of books, magazines, movies, and computers free to use.
    Oh, also before the hot dogs, we "had to" get to beers in the bar next to it, as the hotdog place didn't have a bathroom.
    Read more