Satellite
  • Day 2

    Cat's Island

    April 18, 2019 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Moving along, we walked to 江之島,the island is famous for having more cats than people living on the island. Kids were super excited, um... at first.
    After we landed on the island, we started to worry, the island was quite big and 1,000 cats?! Um... this would be a long hide & seek game.
    Kids started to complain about seeing more dogs (people walk their dogs on the island) and that it should be called dog island.
    Other than not able to see the cats, we had no complains, the place is beautiful. A nice stroll up & down the hill was enjoyable.
    We enjoyed Apple mango soft ice cream at the top... and so as the floor as someone got too excited and ran with the ice-cream! No worry. We shared!
    On the way down, we finally saw some cats hiding in their secret chamber!! We saw 2 and then spotted another one. Zoe called it Lulu like...
    Then on the way we were able to see a few more and we went into a tea house that feed cats. Under the tree we watched the catd eat and enjoyed our green tea!!
    Volunteers came around sun set to feed the cats! So we saw more! They are big & really really cute!!
    Read more