Satellite
  • Day 12

    Following the Great Lakes

    September 29, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    We have a friend who owns a surf shop in California, well actually a few of them so he’s a rich bastard.
    He tells us he’s always glad when he returns from overseas because the US system “works” where other others don’t, especially in third world country.
    These are fighting words because we don’t agree on a lot of levels.
    One of those is: We’ve been following The Great Lakes, two so far, that’s Michigan and Erie and seeing we’ve been on Interstate Highways for most of the way across the country we’ve now chosen to drive the byways that run along the shore line, well almost do.

    America is the land of the free, that’s if you can afford somewhere big enough to run yourself stupid around claiming how free you are, for all others it’s “git offa my land or I’ll shoot ya”
    Public space is limited, communists have public land, here it’s all private including the beaches so for hundreds of miles along the shoreline of the lakes it’s built on with private houses all sporting a “keep off private property” sign. So we’ve just done the Great Lakes Road With Glimpses Drive.

    Note: A post called “Health Food Heaven” has been placed out of sequence. It should be before this one but has been put way back with the LA ones.
    Read more