Satellite
  • Day 29

    Camino Del Norte - Day 28 (The End)

    July 7, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Camino Del Norte - Day 28

    O Pedrouzo to Santiago De Compostela
    Distance 20km (4.5 hours)

    Claudia and I set off from O Pedrouzo at 5am this morning. As usual, it was pitch black and cool. There were a few other hardy peregrinos already on the Camino but it felt quiet and calm. We walked the lanes between rural villages and had a few long hills before we arrived at Mont Gozo. The mountain overlooks the city but it was shroud in mist. There were huge groups of kids preparing to enter the city. We carried on.
    We stopped for breakfast on the outskirts of the city and then wound our way through the city until we arrived in front of the cathedral. I felt elated after having walking 860km and ascended 12,235m in 28 days of walking. My feet are in their best ever condition. The same cannot be said for my shoes.
    I collected my Compostela and we met Bepe, one of the pilgrims we walked with. We waited for the remainder of our little group to arrive. It was a wonderful finale to our epic journey. Real bonds of friendship have been formed on this Camino.

    I now have a few days R&R before I fly home to my beloved.
    Read more