Satellite
  • Day 25

    Castro Dozon to Silleda

    October 13, 2018 in Spain ⋅ 🌬 19 °C

    Castro Dozón to Silleda

    Distance 28kms ( 6.5 hours)

    I had around 10 hours sleep last night and woke up feeling very refreshed. Swelling on my left leg was reduced. Just after 8am, I set off with the other peregrinos into the stunning dawn. The temperature was perfect for walking.
    The Camino varied from sunken lanes to walking above motorway sections.i felt strong and happily walked along listening to ‘Counting Crows’.
    I walked part of the time with Ruadhri. I arrived in the pueblo A Laxe around midday with 18kms in. The Albergue didn’t open until 1pm. I walked 200m to a nearby bar and had a bite to eat. By now, a few other peregrinos joined me. I decided to carry on the extra 10kms although my leg was hurting me again. I was joined by Ruadhri. As we set off, a snake slithered across our path and frightened the living daylights out off me.
    Today’s walk was very like a beautiful spring day in the U.K. I walked on paths of acorns and chestnuts.
    We arrived at the Albergue at 2.30pm. It feels a little strange but I have a bed.
    I had 41 kms to walk to Santiago de Compostela . I will hopefully walk 24kms tomorrow and 17kms on Monday.
    And that was my 24th day on the Via de la Plata / Camino Sanabres.
    Read more