Satellite
  • Day 8

    This week

    September 12, 2015 in the Netherlands ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    This week I got bitten by bed bugs again at the start, but now the bus are going away thank goodness! We have still been living at the hostel but today we are moving to a big room in a share house! I can't wait, but Joel is still sleeping, so I have to wait for him to wake up. I worked 31 hours nannying, it is different from what I'm used to. The mum tells me how to do thing specifically, for fruits I gave then a mango and kiwi fruit-like we do in Australia, but she wants then cut up and eaten with a fork, do they don't get dirty (remember they are 4 and 6 and boys). The boys are getting more used to me which is good. On Thursday after school they were paying with their friends in the play ground and a mum came up to me and asked if I was their nanny, and she said they had paused in a bag of sand and were bringing it near the girls, far out. Then one of the girls mum had called their mum and said they were not being supervised. Rich people are crazy, boys are boys- and they don't think. I miss jess and phuong as 'employers'.

    I have also worked 10hrs for the hostel, do full time! I scrubbed lots of showers! So I have been pretty exhausted. Joel worked 20 hours at the hostel cleaning rooms. I'm jealous because he got to make more friends here and has partied every night, hence while he is still sleeping at 9:34am. I have also not spent much time together since I'm so busy with work. So that's really sad so this weekend we will spend it all together :) I have managed to get the flu as 2 massive cold sores as well, they are so painful. I think it is from the stress of the hostel last week especially and worried that we won't find somewhere to live!

    This week we also met up with jasper! It was so great seeing him again and hearing properly what has been happening rather than from messages. He will be living in Sweden, so hopefully can catch up when Joel and I go to Sweden :)
    Read more