Satellite
  • Day 13

    Day 12: I don't know 40 something maybe

    July 14, 2016 in France ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Last night the rain had stopped so we sat outside in the sun talking and eating. When we went to bed the sky was clear and a dimming blue. But an hour later it started raining again, pretty hard too. It was windy and rainy on and of all night. We left our bikes near the tent which was a bad idea as they has blown over and some of my stuff was wet.

    I have had tonsillitis since the beginning, it was really mild at the start but every morning lately is getting worse and today was no exception. So much pain and discomfort. I was a bit grumpy as i know I have to wait a day or two to see a doctor. Michelle said I was even snoring!!

    We packed up at our usual speed, had a quick soup for breaky and went to the English couple Andrew and Sue's place for coffee, and second breakfast too. They were so nice, we sat outside and talked for a while, they had an amazing view over rolling country side. Then it rained again, so we put our bikes in their shed and went to the lounge room for another coffee.

    We set of around 1pm for Mâcon. I pushed my bike up all the hard hills, I'm just to sick and tired to be bothered biking up then and it gave my bum a nice rest. There were again some awesome down hills! At the cross roads we could go only a few km more to cluny and see a doctor today or another 20 and see one tomorrow. We decided to push on, the rest was down hill anyways with bike paths. There was even an awesome tunnel! As we rolled closer we sent warm showers requests and searched campsites. We made it to the center and had a drink when one called us back!

    Benoit invited us to stay with him and his wife. His parents were also there and surprisingly spoke English. His wife was also quite pregnant, very exciting. They were lovely and let us use their kitchen for dinner and gave us breakfast. The did tell me that all doctors will be close tomorrow due to the Bastille day, so I would have to go to the hospital, or wait until Monday (another 5 days. I don't think so).
    Read more