Satellite
  • Day 4

    Day 4 - Niagara part 1

    August 4, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    I’m going to have to split today into three separate posts! It’s been full-on since the moment we got up this morning, checked out of our hotel and picked up the hire car. We ended up with an upgraded vehicle, so just for the two of us we have a humongous Toyota Highlander - we have seven seats!!!

    David did a fabulous job of getting us out of Toronto and onto the highway. We had a non-eventful drive to Niagara Falls. Although this weekend is a Bank Holiday in Canada, so the roads were incredibly busy and we were delayed by three quarters of an hour. But we were here by 1.30pm and able to check into our room.

    The Sheraton on the Falls is a huge and very obviously, old hotel, but its clean and comfortable and we probably have one of the best views in the house being on the 12th floor with our balcony facing the Falls.

    The Falls are something else and a wonder to behold, but the rest of Niagara is very tacky – think Butlins crossed with Margate and you’re coming close and with it being a national holiday it seems like the World and his Uncle have come to visit, but luckily, we have managed to miss most of the crowds today - in fact the day has been completely awesome! …

    See part 2 …
    Read more