Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    April 8 through 12 Final days in Vegas

    April 15, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    I woke up Sunday morning with a head cold and some chest congestion. It seems to be going around. Eric, Dawn, Logan and Kegan are also dealing with the same thing.

    Sunday was a good day that started with the family gathering for French Toast, Sausage and Eggs breakfast, The morning was topped off with another birthday cake, This one was for my name sake, Marc's youngest boy, Timmy, whose birthday is April 21st. We wanted to celebrate early so the whole family could share in the celebration.

    Robert and Aurora had to head home, as Robert had to work on Monday. A lot of time was spent with goodbyes all around.

    The rest of the family spent the day with a variety of activities. Marc took his family to Sea Quest in Las Vegas. I begged off from the family time due to the heat and not wanting to leave Suzi alone in case she needed help with anything.

    Marc brought back pizza for dinner, and well all gathered at the Motorhome to enjoy some more family time. Suzi managed to get up and dressed, although the pain was extreme and to spend some time with the family.

    We said our goodbyes to Robin and Jordan as they were flying out the next day and we would not see them again before they left.

    Monday was spent getting Marc packed up and on the road home. He was taking to the family to the Grand Canyon on the way. After Marc and family left, I helped Eric hook up his trailer as he was taking it back to storage. By the end of the day, it was just Suzi and I left in the park.

    As neither of us were feeling very well, (Suzi came down with a cold also), we pretty much hibernated on Tuesday. We were scheduled to leave on Wednesday, but Mother Nature had other plans. High winds on Wednesday and Thursday kept us off the road and delayed our departure until Friday morning. Because of the high winds and high temps, we stayed hunkered down in air conditioned comfort for two more days.
    Read more